Since 2004, SiteGround has provided web hosting services to customers worldwide. These services are used for over 1,700,000 website domains, with the company offering three tiers of service for their customer base.
This article will take a closer look at the different plans so that you can decide which tier might fit your hosting needs.
Comparison Table[table “15” not found /]
Each tier provided by the company can be broken down by the number of sites you will need to host as well as the expected number of monthly visits.
- StartUp: The most basic tier offered. This plan is the cheapest and is designed for users with a single web site that receives a limited amount of traffic each month.
- GrowBig: This plan costs a little more but provides customers with the ability to host multiple sites that will receive moderate traffic monthly.
- GoGeek: This is the most expensive package offered by SiteGround and is intended for customers who need hosting for multiple web sites with high monthly traffic.
If you have a small domain, perhaps a WordPress blog, that receives 10,000 visits or less each month the StartUp package is a good option. You will need to step up to one of the other packages if you need to host more than one site, however.
Customers with two or more domains will find the GrowBig or GoGeek packages capable of meeting their needs. Your monthly traffic will help to determine the proper tier, with GrowBig limited to 25,000 monthly visits and GoGeek capable of handling 100,000 visits each month.
These numbers are used as estimates and are not hard cap numbers.
Web Space Storage
Storage can be critical, especially with larger websites. The following data storage limits are based on the account itself, which users should keep in mind if they plan to host multiple sites.
- StartUp – 10 GB
- GrowBig – 20 GB
- GoGeek – 30 GB
SiteGround hosting packages offer many features for WordPress users in all three packages. There are extra applications available with the higher tiers, however.
WordPress Special Cache: This plug-in activates SiteGround’s SuperCacher. This feature will accelerate websites that use the GrowBig or GoGeek packages.
One-Click WordPress Staging: Users can create a copy of their live website in a separate environment with a single click. This feature is found in the GoGeek package.
SG-Git for WordPress Repo Creation: Another feature found in the GoGeek package that allows you to access, download, and edit your WordPress with Git.
Increased Site Speed
The SuperCacher allows a website to handle a greater number of hits while also providing an increase to loading speeds. There are three levels of service that break down as follows:
- Level 1 – Static content cache using NGINX (StartUp)
- Level 2 – Dynamic data cache using NGINX
- Level 3 – Database queries results cache using Memcached (GrowBig and GoGeek)
SiteGround offers measures that help to prevent data loss, downtime, hacks, and spam on all packages. Additional backup features include:
Free Site Transfers can be activated with the Backup Restore Tool found on the GrowBig and GoGeek packages. This allows users to restore any daily auto-saves for free (there is a charge for this service on the basic plan).
Free Backups On Demand is available for GoGeek users and allows them to generate instant backups. The number of backups is limited to five at a time.
SiteGround provides customer service on all packages 24-hours a day, seven days a week. This is provided by phone, chat, or a ticket system. The higher priced tiers do offer extra perks, however.
Free Site Transfer
- Free Site Transfer – The top two packages provide one professional website transfer per account.
Priority Problem SolvingStartUp
- Priority Problem Solving – These packages also offer Premium Support that will prioritize their issues over StartUp plans.
The GoGeek package provides merchants and service providers with a high-security e-commerce solution that meets PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
Advanced Development Features
GoGeek users will discover Git preinstalled with this package. They will also find a staging feature that can be used with WordPress or Joomla websites. These features are not available on the two lower tier packages.
Finally, SiteGround provides increased resources based on the package selected. These resources include Databases, Email, and servers. With larger tiers designed to handle higher traffic loads, there are a few allotments worth noting.
The following data is listed in order of package size from StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek.
Simultaneous Service Processes
- Simultaneous Service Processes: 10, 20, 30
Simultaneous Connections From a Single IP
- Simultaneous Connections From a Single IP: 10, 15, 20
Data Base Size
- Data Base Size: 500 MB, 750 MB, 1000 MB
Data Base Table Size
- Data Base Table Size: 250 MB, 250 MB, 500 MB
- Mailbox Size: 2000 MB, 4000 MB, 6000 MB
Email Sends Per Hour
- Email Sends Per Hour: 400, 400, 800
Recipients Per Email
- Recipients Per Email: 40, 40, 80